Identify and protect your vehicle
Your vehicle will be effectively marked with its own “DNA” type identification.
Professional thieves steal vehicles they can sell quickly and easily. They will not steal a vehicle they cannot sell. DataDots make it harder for a thief to sell your vehicle, and therefore, makes your vehicle a far less desirable target to steal.
- Many insurance companies offer a discount after the application of DataDotDNA
- The unique DNA code is registered in a secure International database
- Once professionally applied, stays on for the life of the vehicle
- An effective way of preventing vehicle theft and subsequent parts sales
Using state-of-the-art identification technology, making your automobile a less desirable target to thieves.
- Approved by the International Association of Auto Theft Investigators (IAATI)
- A replacement benefit is provided if your vehicle is stolen and not recovered
- Deductible is reimbursed if the vehicle is recovered and requires repairs
Single inscribed “microdots” were originally developed by the US military in the 1940s to covertly identify items. It became obvious the tiny discs would be useful for espionage as the grain size message carriers were very easy to conceal and transport.
It was not until the early 1990s that microdots became a commercially feasible product. A US engineer was the first to develop a low cost process to inscribe information onto thousands of microdots.
The first application of microdots was in the casino industry. Thousands of counterfeit casino chips are manufactured and gambled through casinos worldwide. In 1995 authentic chips were permanently marked with microdots, allowing for them to be distinguishable from the counterfeits.
The Ultimate Theft Deterrent System
DataDots are encoded with microscopic identification information that is easy for law enforcement to trace. DataDots are suspended in a clear-drying liquid adhesive with UV elements.
Law enforcement only needs to locate one DataDot using a 30x magnifying device to obtain your unique vehicle identification number; no complicated forensic technology is needed.
Interested? Get in touch to learn more.
*Please note: the prices and programs as displayed on this page are only available in Ontario. If you are located in a province other than Ontario please contact your Dealership or local Sales Representative for more information.